History Of Lawn Bowling
History of Lawn Bowling in the Orangeville Community
Lawn bowling was introduced to Orangeville and area in the summer of 1904 on property on John Street where the Presbyterian Church is today. In 1906 the lawn bowlers purchased property across the street where the Canadian Legion is now located. In 1948 an agreement was drawn up to sell the property to the Legion with the proviso that the Lawn Bowling Club would continue to operate on the property.
Photo courtesy of M.O.D..
Have questions, comments, compliments or concerns?
We’re always here to help.
Registration Form and waiver are located on the top of the page on the menu tabs.
500 Monora Park Dr, Mono, ON L9W 2Z1, Canada